October is breast cancer awareness month, and throughout the month, our employees have worn pink (for a donation), raising money for My Breast Cancer Support, a local organization providing support to breast cancer patients.
These notes were shared with our team, serving as a good reminder as to WHY we support organizations like My Breast Cancer Support.
- According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, it is estimated that more than 280,000 women will be diagnosed with new cases of invasive breast cancer and more than 49,000 cases of non-invasive (in situ) – in the US.
- 1 in 8 women in the US will be diagnosed in her lifetime.
- Over 2,000 women and men are diagnosed with breast cancer in New Hampshire and Maine (combined).
- Mammograms are the best way to detect breast cancer.
- Lower your risk by being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Men get breast cancer, too.
Supporting organizations like My Breast Cancer Support is at the heart of what we do here at Leone, McDonnell & Roberts and reminds us that we are helping to create a future without cancer. We won’t stop until we find a cure. 🎗️